Why should people have a fast website?
Having a fast website is crucial in today’s digital age. It not only enhances user experience but also boosts your search engine rankings. With the Flying Press Plugin, you can effortlessly accelerate your website’s loading time, ensuring that visitors stay engaged and satisfied. Don’t let slow loading times frustrate potential purchasers.
Why choose Flying Press Plugin over others?
Over the years I’ve spent many hours looking at speed plugins and their promises. But Flying press started differently. Gijo Varghese set out to write a blog about website speed and why it mattered and then set up a Facebook group and endeavoured to help people achieve good speeds for their site.
He was frustrated by the plugins available on the market, each one did some good things but not every good thing. So like any good developer/problem solver, he built his own. He still gives lots of his time and advice for free and seems to care with his personal touch. You can read more about him here.
How is easy is it to set up?
So you need to take a measure approach with it. Not all websites have the same set of plugins so there’s no one size fits all here.
How to get started?
- Make a backup of your site
- Create a staging site (your host should allow this and if not, move hosts)
- Install the plugin on your staging site.
- You can then approach the next part in two ways
- Turn on all the settings and review your website in an incognito browser. (it shouldn’t cache your site as badly)
- Turn on settings one by one and review the results in an incognito browser (it shouldn’t cache your site as badly)
- Test the main functions on your website – is it looking right to start with? Submit a contact form, purchase a product.
- Then you can tweak from there.
- You can get help from the Facebook group too…or ask me!
Once your staging server is all working nicely you can load the plugin onto your live site and recreate the settings there. Or you can push your staging site to live too.
But remember – Test and Test and Test again because now your dealing with your live site, and you need that to be working!